SHIPS JOINT VENTURE IGOUMENITSA CORFU PAXOI (hereinafter referred to as "KERKYRA SEAWAYS")
PERSONAL DATA POLICY
KERKYRA SEAWAYS shall use its best efforts in order to comply with the legislation related to Personal Data Protection in its market sector. The current Policy lays down the key principles based on which KERKYRA SEAWAYS processes the personal data of its customers, seamen, employees, suppliers, partners and other persons. This Policy is also applied by KERKYRA SEAWAYS in its subsidiaries whose KERKYRA SEAWAYScontrolsthem directly or indirectly.
Personal Data Processing
KERKYRA SEAWAYS processes the personal data you provide such as your name, contact details, e-mail address, telephone number, information on your travel itinerary, such as your reservation code, details of the transaction through which you made the booking, e.g. the details of the bank card you used to make the payment, as well as health information relating to the issue of tickets, or the reporting of passenger accidents, as well as the transfer of patients by ship, only when there is a legitimate reason for doing so.
Data Controller – Data Protection Officer (DPO)
KERKYRA SEAWAYS, informs that, for the purposes of its business activities, it processes personal data which results to identification relating to natural persons (such as, for example, the clients of the company, its suppliers, as well as ordinary users of the website), in accordance with applicable national laws and European Regulation 2016/679 on the protection of individuals with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (General Data Protection Regulation) as applicable.
For any matter concerning the processing of personal data, please contact the Data Protection Officer directly (DPO), email: [email protected]
KERKYRA SEAWAYSmay use and process your personal data where necessary for the purposes of its business activities, such as:
1. Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
2. Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
3. Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
4. When you have provided us with your explicit consent to do so.
In case we rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, please note that you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us using the contact details set out at paragraph above.
KERKYRA SEAWAYS will use the personal data you have provided to offer you the best possible experience while using the information websites and online booking systems it operates; to answer any of your questions; and to provide you with effective customer services.
Third Party Data Recipients
KERKYRA SEAWAYS may communicate your personal data to the following categories of recipients:
(a) State Authorities, Law Enforcement Agencies. When this is necessary for the execution of an itinerary and in accordance with the procedures laid down, and when it is necessary to provide more information in relation to the list of passengers and vehicles on specific itineraries.
(b) Associates of our company (agencies, advertising firms, etc.). KERKYRA SEAWAYS works with associates to whom the company assigns the processing of personal data on its account (e.g. ticketing agencies). In such cases, KERKYRA SEAWAYS shall remain responsible for the processing of your personal data and shall specify the details of the processing, signing a specific contract with the associates tasked with processing activities, in order to ensure that the processing is carried out in accordance with the legal framework in force and that every natural person may exercise the rights conferred on them by the legal framework freely and without hindrance.
Furthermore, KERKYRA SEAWAYS may also transfer to third-party affiliates for the purpose of sending promotional material and information about products and services, provided that consent has been given by any natural person as mentioned above and that the foregoing concerning the written assignment of processing applies.
Data Storage Period
The length of the data storage period is decided on the basis of the following specific criteria, as appropriate:
When processing is required as an obligation under provisions of the legal framework in force, your personal data will be stored for as long as required by the relevant provisions.
When processing is done on a contractual basis, your personal data will be stored for as long as is necessary for the performance of the contract and for the foundation, exercise, and/or support of legal claims under the contract.
Security of Personal Data
KERKYRA SEAWAYSpractices aim to secure every website that collects personal data. To this end, it has collaborated with specialized consultants, and employs trained staff.
However, the privacy of personal data transmitted over the Internet cannot be guaranteed. We urge you to be careful when transmitting personal data over the Internet, especially when it comes to personal information related to your health. KERKYRA SEAWAYS cannot guarantee that unauthorized third parties will not gain access to your personal data. Therefore, when submitting such data to KERKYRA SEAWAYS website, you should take into account both the benefits and the risks.
Rights of Data Subjects
You have the right to:
1. Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
2. Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
3. Request erasure of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal data where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal data where you have successfully exercised your right to object to processing (see below), where we may have processed your information unlawfully or where we are required to erase your personal data to comply with local law. Note, however, that we may not always be able to comply with your request of erasure for specific legal reasons which will be notified to you, if applicable, at the time of your request.
4. Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
5. Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
6. Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
7. Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent. If you withdraw your consent, we may not be able to provide certain products or services to you. We will advise you if this is the case at the time you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us.
Right to File a Complaint with the DPA
You have the right to file a complaint with the Data Protection Authority (www.dpa.gr): Call Centre: +302106475600, Fax: +30210 6475628, Email: [email protected]